In an attempt to kickstart writing , I decided to cherry pick few from old home and start this blog. I collected bunch of papers, books while trying to understand the virtualization over sometime. I have just put them together in one place for people to refer to.
- Virtual PC Guy’s WebLog
- Virtuoso Project
- VMWare (early mover)
- Microsoft Virtual PC (connectix? ++)
- User Mode Linux (Run Linux on top of Linux)
- VServer (Linux virtual server)
- Plex/86 (A free VMM for Linux) and Bochs (A free emulator for Linux)
- QEMU (A free emulator for Linux)
- IBM rHype and sHype
Bottomline – this is not groundbreaking new stuff. Only recently since last 3-4 years it has caught the imagination of consolidators/dev-test teams/data center folks etc. Only about tiny 5% of the servers have been virtualized if you see the analyst reports.